You may or may not know this about me, but… I love me some food. I love to buy it, prep it, cook it, eat it and Instagram it. Call me a foodie, call me obsessed, call me a nerd – I don’t care, I love food!
I try to consistently maintain a lifestyle of clean eating (being mindful of food’s pathway between its origin and your plate – no processed foods!), but every once in awhile a bag of Cheetohs or McDonald’s french fries will overtake my healthy willpower. Now, I don’t beat myself up when I surrender to the tasty prowess of processed foods. Instead, I acknowledge that I am human and therefore, I am weak, and mistakes happen. Then I promptly get right back on course.
I find that, just like the Plank Challenge, I need to set myself up for success when it comes to clean eating.Taking some time to do a bit of food prep over the weekend helps me to stay committed to eating well throughout a busy work week.I rarely have time to prep every week like Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean, but I do aim for a Food Prep Sunday at least once a month.
Check out what I’m noshing on this week:
- Jennie-O’s Turkey Burgers. Seriously the BEST turkey burgers I’ve ever had. Slap one of those babies on a Sandwich Thin and you’ve got a quick, delicious lunch!
- Hard-boiled eggs. Maybe I’m weird, but I love to just eat these as-is for breakfast (yay, protein!). I also enjoy slicing them up and throwing atop a salad.
- Spinach. I hate buying the pre-bagged spinach. It’s so… limp. So I buy the fresh bunches and then rinse and chop myself.
- Red grapes. I’m so horrible at getting enough fruit in my diet, so bagging these up in a single-serve to-go method makes it so much easier.
- Cantelope. Courtesy of last week’s Green Bean Delivery. This will be great for a dessert with some Cool Whip, or with some prosciutto for breakfast.
- Green beans. Washed, cut and ready for dinner. Or, just as a crunchy snack by themselves. I love the fresh, earthy flavor.
- Tofu. I sauteed in a bit of extra virgin olive oil with sea salt and black pepper. Gonna throw these bad boys on my spinach salad at lunch today.
- Black beans. Because fiber.
- Green pepper. Gonna eat the shit out of these with some hummus.
- Orange slices. Same thing as with the grapes.
- Green onions. Having these pre-sliced makes it SO easy to throw some on a salad for extra flavor, or in any of my dinner dishes.
- Superfood to-go cups. Strawberries + blueberries. Stay away, cancer, you whore!
What about you guys? What types of foods do you prep?